Monday, October 9, 2017

Please Come Prepared

Last week I wrote nothing because I felt like I was being a tattle tail. Today, I don't feel that way. Many of you who have students taking piano, have not taken lessons yourself and you are not always sure if you can help. Believe me! You can help. There are many of your children who are not doing their assignment that have been given. The old excuse of "no time" isn't popular with me at all. Some of the busiest students also practice the most. The computer assignments are supposed to help get ready for the theory test and also prepare better music readers. Lately, the work for many has been careless and embarrassing.


Parents, if you do not know what your student is supposed to do, look in the assignment book. Also, a minimum of 15 minutes of practice is necessary for little ones and that grows with the student's age and level. It does not work well to practice only one time for an extended period. If you have questions, ask me. Progress doesn't happen without practice on any activity.
The theory test deadline is the 13th. Who is going to take the November 11 test?

No comments: